Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Putting more protein in Bird Droppings

     Attention earthlings: Bird Droppings as an exclusive sports blog/commentary is no more.
     There are only so many laurels I can toss at PK Subban and so much scorn I can heap on Bob Cole, so I'm branching out to broader social commentary.  It's a wiggly world out there and it's getting wigglier (more wiggly?) by the day.  In a media landscape where millenials barely off their mother's teat are often dominating the social and cultural agenda, it behooves people with actual life experience to contribute to the discourse.  I've been told I have a knack for putting thoughts into words, and I have a few industry awards in writing and broadcasting that presumably weren't given to me as a charitable gesture.  Combine that with a solid base of knowledge in both history and current events, and I'm no less qualified to comment on the issues of the day than some of the pompous post-adolescents who think they're on radio and television panels because they're important, when in fact they're there because they'll work for free.  They remind me of myself at their age in their youthful hubris.  Thankfully, I'm no longer young enough to know it all.  I also would never devalue myself to the point of working for less than what I'm worth for the sake of boosting my fragile ego.
     This will probably still be a sports-heavy blog, because that was my bread and butter for so long, and I'm going to try to continue infusing my entries with humour and sarcasm, because people seem to enjoy those elements of my self-expression.  As always, though, I will be brutally frank and honest.  If we disagree, I hope we can do so respectfully.
     If not, that's your problem, not mine.

6 comments:

  1. Allrighty then. Looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the new direction that your blog will be taking...I know it's going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's sad. I always looked forward to your blog entry, never missing one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so basically the same content but with name changes heehaw

    ReplyDelete