Saturday, November 8, 2014

Me, I Love My Tractor, Fuck (and other ethnic country music favorites)


   I won't bullshit you.  Country music might be the most listened to music radio format in North America, but it's still a tough sell in the big city - unless the big city happens to be Calgary or Dallas-Fort Worth.  
   For a mom and pop station like CKKI-89.9 KIC Country in a cosmopolitan city like Montreal, convincing radio listeners that there's broad appeal in the crossover evolution of country into the adult contemporary, rock and even hip hop genres remains difficult at best, especially in the absence of revenue for technical improvements and marketing and promotional campaigns.  But that's a story for another day and maybe another website like Kickstarter or indiegogo.
   In the meantime, we're turning to the power of the worldwide web through the KIC Country Global Outreach Program.  If we can't conquer Montreal, we'll conquer the world - one nation at a time.  What follows are some of our suggested song titles for country music in other countries and other cultures. We hope you enjoy them, and that you'll give us a listen sometime at 89.9FM and 899kic.com.
   Remember, you like country music.  You just don't know it yet.

ITALIAN COUNTRY
Corleone-ly the Lonely
Me, I Love My Tractor, Fuck
All My Goomars Live in Yonkers
Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up
I Wanna Lay You Down and Bolonga

BRITISH COUNTRY
Big Bad Nigel
Never Everton Again
Sussex 'til I'm Fixin'
By the Time I Get to Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Sixteen Metric Tonnes

YIDDISH COUNTRY
Somethin' 'Bout a Schmuck
Nebbish at High Noon
Bupkes on My Mind
Pisher in the Pig Pen
I'm So Lonesome I Could Plotz

GERMAN COUNTRY 
Ich Bin Too Long
Helmut Kohl Miner's Daughter
Ring of Fuhrer
Structure and Discipline on the Range
Whose Bed has Das Boot Been Under?

RUSSIAN COUNTRY
Putin on My Boots
Too Hot to Trotsky
She Thinks My Sickle's Sexy
Vodka for My Men, Borscht for My Horses
If You're Kremlin, I'm Leavin'

JAPANESE COUNTRY
A Boy Named Sumo
All My Rowdy Friends Have Committed Hari-Kari
Drunk on a Plane That I'm About to Deliberately Crash Into an Aircraft Carrier
Sake-Bent and Banzai-Bound
Thank Godzilla I'm a Country Boy

2 comments:

  1. My brother once got thrown out of a Hank Williams Jr. concert for being too drunk. How is that possible?

    ReplyDelete